Correction, Refund and Cancellation of Payment Orders
- The Institution may request and obtain the rectification of a payment operation that it may not have authorised, but which was executed on the Institution’s behalf, or of an authorised operation that may have been executed incorrectly within the scope of this Contract, should it complain in writing using one of the methods provided for in clause 70 within a maximum of 2 working days counting from the date on which the payment operation in question was carried out.
- The Institution declares and accepts that the authorisation and mandate conferred to Easypay are only considered withdrawn and cease to have effect in relation to all or any authorised operations in the event that it informs Easypay in writing, signed by whomever binds the Institution, with at least 10 working days’ notice in relation to the date scheduled for the execution of the operation or operations in question. The written communication mentioned above in this clause shall be remitted to Easypay by the Institution using any of the methods indicated in clause 70. In the event of authorisation being withdrawn, any operation subsequent to the date upon which such withdrawal taking place shall be considered unauthorised.
- The Institution declares and undertakes to, in all situations in which its agreement is necessary in law, for a payment operation to be validly revoked by the Originator, namely in terms of payment operations initiated by it or by Easypay on its behalf, or in the case of direct debits, refuse such consent without the prior express and written agreement of Easypay, under the terms of clause 70 of this contract. In the event of Easypay giving its approval to such revocation of the payment operation, it may charge fees for the acceptance of the revocation.
- The Institution declares and recognises that under the terms of the legislation in force, payment operations initiated by it or on its behalf by Easypay may be the object of a request for refund by the Originator using the applicable payment methods, under the terms and in accordance with the legislation in force or contained within the regulations and standards of the respective payment instruments. In the event of such refund requests exceeding the limit indicated in the General Pricelist over a specified period, Easypay may suspend its service agreement.
- The Institution accepts all and any responsibility in the event of payment operations being the object of complaints, requests for rectification or revocation by the Originator and in which Easypay is legally obliged to perform the refund of the sums received on behalf of the Institution in such payment operations.
- The Institution authorises Easypay, in the event of complaint, consisting of a request to rectify, refund or revoke by the Originator, to provide compensation or an immediate refund of the sums it is required to return to the Originator from the funds held in the Institution’s payment account, as well as debit directly, should it be required, the banking account indicated by the Institution for Easypay for the purposes of transferring such sums, up to the amount required to assure the aforementioned compensation or refunds.
- In the event of a dispute between Easypay and the Institution relating to one or more payment operations incumbent on Easypay to undertake or execute within the scope of this Contract, each Party has the burden of proof of the facts each invokes.